Join a team of professionals committed to “Eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace justice, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.”
The YWCA Hanover is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age or disability.
Assistant Childcare Director & School Age Coordinator
The YWCA Hanover is hiring a motivated assistant director and school age coordinator. This position will be in charge of running summer camp during the summer as well as the before & after school program during the school year and assists in administration of childcare programs as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all Department of Human Services/OCDEL licensing requirements are met, including maintaining staff and children’s files, ratios and facility compliance for any school age sites.
- Insures STARS requirements are met.
- Maintains an open and positive relationship with school age child care families.
- Assists in implementing curriculum to meet the needs of the children and community.
- Assist in preparation of school age child care program budget and maintains knowledge of revenue and expenses.
- Maintains child/family demographic information.
- Assist in United Way, grant applications and grant reporting as needed.
- Assists in planning for on-going growth and improved quality of services to children.
- Assists in promoting the YWCA/Hanover Child Care program through publicity activities such as brochures, employee recruitment, educational programs and community groups.
- Organizes and evaluates bi-annual parent conferences and family events.
- Plays an active role in promoting all YWCA Hanover programs, services and special events.
- Schedules staff, supervises school age child care employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Supervise school age staff, volunteers and childcare staff as needed.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree in education or related field.
2 years’ experience in the child care field or in a child related field with management experience.
Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license and obtain necessary clearances.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to identify and respond to the needs and concerns of women, including their self-perception, social/cultural environment and factors that can be used to bring about change. Proven ability to relate to people of all ages, races and socioeconomic background.
- Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- May require driving the YWCA vans to various locations.
- May require driving in inclement weather.
- May require working with families under duress.
Before & After school teacher- split shift
We are currently looking for childcare staff for our before and after school program. Hours are year round split shift of 6:00-8:45 am and 2:00-6:00 pm. Additional hours will be necessary depending on school closures, delays and early dismissals. Other additional hours may be available working with children ages 1-5 if desired. We serve children from kindergarten to sixth grade within three local school districts. Candidate must be willing to do a morning van run to a local school district during the school year.
Candidate must have at minimum a high school diploma and be 21 years old and have 2500 hours of previous experience working with children. Be able to plan, implement and organize developmentally appropriate activities. Observe and assess each student’s growth and development. Maintain a positive, healthy and safe learning environment. Promote positive and professional relationships with children and families. Follow DHS regulations and maintain STAR 4 standards.
Interested candidates should send resume to Katie Nelson, Director of childcare, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 23 W Chestnut Street, Hanover, PA 17331.
YWCA Summer Camp Counselor
Want to make this summer a splash? Join YWCA Hanover as a summer camp counselor for our school agers in grades K through 6! Camp Phoenix runs from June 3rd – August 16th. Must be available from May 28th-August 16th. Camp counselors should come ready to be active and engaging as well as be able to assist with planning and implementing activities for indoor and outdoor fun. YWCA Hanover is a fully licensed childcare center that is located in downtown Hanover. YWCA Hanover is also a Keystone STAR 4 center. Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age, have at minimum 2500 hours working with children or a degree in a related field, and be able to obtain all necessary clearances.