Join a team of professionals committed to “Eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace justice, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.”
The YWCA Hanover is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age or disability.
School Age Staff (part time)
We are currently looking for school age staff for our licensed school age program. We serve school age children on site from kindergarten to sixth grade within three local school districts.
Hours are Monday thru Friday 6:00am-9:00am and/or 2:00pm-6:00pm. Additional hours are available as needed.
Candidate must be able to plan, implement and organize developmentally appropriate activities for children in kindergarten to sixth grade. Assist with school work as needed, observe and assess each student’s growth and development. Maintain a positive, healthy and safe learning environment. Promote positive and professional relationships with children and families. Communicate with parents and families in a positive manner and follow DHS regulations and maintain STAR 4 standards. Willingness to learn van routes and drive the school age van on occasion is a plus!
Qualifications (These qualifications must be met prior to first day of employment):
• High School Diploma/GED
• 4 clearances (PA criminal, Child Abuse, FBI and NSOR)
• 2 recommendation letters
• Physical with TB test
• 2500 hours documented experience working with children
Safe Home Client Advocate
- Insure that program objectives and activities are carried out.
- Participate in the recruitment and training of new staff and volunteers to the Safe Home Program in accordance with PCADV directives.
- Insure that clients receive appropriate referrals, emergency housing, options counseling, transportation, and legal advocacy through direct service and a team approach with all Safe Home advocates and volunteers.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records of hotline calls, in person options counseling, legal proceedings, referrals, emergency housing, transportation, meetings, training sessions, and speaking engagements.
- May be responsible for facilitation of support group.
- Responsible for on call rotation as scheduled. This would be answering hotline calls as scheduled after business hours, holidays, and when Safe Home is closed. Responsible for in depth client interviews, gathering and organizing information and keeping statistical data as required. Possible transportation for emergency shelter or emergency PFA as needed.
- Provide support, accompaniment and advocacy through the court system. Serve as a liaison with the legal system, (ie. attorneys, magistrates, police, probation, and judges.)
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of PFAs (Protection from Abuse) orders and the enforcement of such.
Childcare Floater (Part-time)
We are looking for an afternoon floater for our childcare center. The hours would be Monday-Friday from 12:30-5:30pm. Additional hours would be available as needed.
Candidate should be able to plan and implement age-appropriate activities, assist with daily operations, maintain a positive, healthy, and safe learning environment, and promote positive and professional relationships with children and families. Must have knowledge of DHS and Keystone STARS.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- A degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Human Services, or an equivalent field is a plus
- Must have 2 years of previous experience working with children (2500 hours)
- 4 clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse, FBI and NSOR)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Physical with TB test