YWCA Hanover’s Stand Against Racism Reading Challenge
- WHAT: Stand Against Racism Reading Challenge
- WHEN: September 1st – December 1st, 2020
- WHO: All interested Pre-K thru Adult
- WHY: Because learning about ourselves and others gives us more understanding. AND… who doesn’t love getting prizes?!!
- HOW: Register for the challenge. Registration is open now. Be sure to stop by the YWCA in person to pick up a registration gift!
How does this work?
Participants read or listen to an age-appropriate diverse book in any format (print, ebook, audio) and complete a reading log available at 8 www.ywcahanover.org Crossovers from other book challenges can be counted.
- Pre-K/Elementary: Read 6 books during the time frame.
- Middle School: Read 3 books during the time frame.
- High School: Read 3 books during the time frame.
- Adults: Read 3 books during the time frame.
Where do I find good books?
While you can purchase books you may want to read, be sure to check out the YWCA Hanover’s Social/Racial Acceptance Justice Library (opening September 8) and the Guthrie Memorial Library, Hanover’s Public Library, for great titles to borrow for free. Need ideas? Visit the YWCA Hanover’s Social/Racial Justice page at www.ywcahanover.org/what-were-doing/social-and-racial-justice/ and click on RESOURCES.