Safe Home Services
Safety Alert: Computer use can be tracked and monitored.
(see quick escape above)
Services of Safe Home (See above for language choices)
Serving domestic violence victims in York & Adams Counties since 1981
- 24 hour hotline and crisis response (717) 632-0007
- Emergency safe housing and referrals to local shelters
- Legal advocacy, including assistance with filing protection orders
- Options counseling
- Referral and support
- Support group
- Child therapy
- Community outreach and education
- Please contact Deborah Dilly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-637-2125
Are You Abused?
- Are you put down and made to feel bad about yourself?
- Are you punched, slapped, hit, shoved, choked, beaten, or hurt in other ways?
- Do you feel isolated and alone?
- Is your life being threatened?
- Do you fear for your children’s safety?
- Does your partner continually monitor your time and make you account for every minute?
- Does your partner text you constantly or check your phone?
- Does your partner’s mood change radically from very calm to very angry?
Forming a Safety Plan
Always call the police if you are in danger and need help, and seek medical attention for injuries.
Call Safe Home at (717) 632-0007 for assistance, any time of the day or night.
If you are planning to leave the relationship:
- How and when can you most safely leave?
- Inform people you trust about your plan.
- Make sure you have a safe place to go.
- Keep your purse, car keys, money, important documents and cards ready to go quickly.
- Pack a bag and keep it at an undisclosed but accessible place.
- If possible, open a bank account or hide money for use when leaving.
If you are planning on staying:
- Identify things that have worked in the past to keep you safe.
- Work out a signal with your children or neighbors to call the police or get help.
- If an argument is unavoidable, move to a room with easy access to an exit—not a kitchen, bathroom, or anywhere near weapons.
- Explore ways to have dangerous weapons removed from the house.
- Plan an escape route and practice it. Where will you go if you have to leave home?