YWCA Hanover childcare programs are closed until further notice. Programs originally scheduled to open on Monday, March 30, 2020 will NOT open. Please continue to check our website and social media for updates.
After careful consideration and keeping the safety of the children and staff as our main focus, YWCA Hanover feels this is a necessary precaution. As more information becomes available and as the situation changes, we will communicate through e-mail, Facebook, and our website. Please follow the recommendations of the CDC and stay safe.
Click a tab below for more information.
YWCA Hanover's COVID-19 Information Section
YWCA Hanover is closed until March 30, 2020 or until further notice.
Safe Home is operating and able to assist clients via the telephone. Victims or anyone needing assistance should call the 24 hotline at 717-632-0007. Safe Home Client Advocates are available to assist you.
Please watch this website and our Facebook page, @ywcahanover, for updated information and announcements.
If you need to communicate with a director e-mail addresses can be found below. We will respond within 24 hours.
Jody Shaffer, Executive Director
Sherri Staub, Director of Finance & Administration
Michelle Shae, Director of Domestic Violence Programs & Safe Home
Katie Nelson, Director of Childcare
Beth Leckrone, Asst Director of Childcare
Rosemary Cintron, Program/Volunteer Coordinator
Louis Mart, Client Services Manager
Safe Home is operating and able to assist clients via the telephone. Victims or anyone needing assistance should call the 24 hotline at 717-632-0007.
Safe Home Client Advocates are available to assist you.
- PFA’s (both emergency and temporary)
- Emergency Shelter
- Emergency Transport
- Hospital Response for DV victims
- Case management
- Therapy (our therapists are continuing to provide sessions via telephone)
- Transitional Housing
- Relocation Housing
- Referrals to other agencies
- Agency Meetings
- Coalition Meetings
YWCA Hanover’s Child Care
Here for our families and ready to open at a moments notice!
- During the time we are closed, we have taken measures to make sure classrooms are cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected. Classrooms have been deep cleaned and all toys have been disinfected. We also regularly follow a cleaning schedule to insure our facility is kept clean and germs stay away!
- We are looking forward to everything coming in the future for our childcare departments! We are working diligently on fun activities to bring in this summer! We are hoping to grow our program in the upcoming months and provide more opportunities for the children in our care.
- Keeping a set routine is vital during this time when schools are closed. Here are some helpful tips to keep your family on a set routine during this time. Click Here
- How to talk to your kids about COVID-19 Click Here
- Stuck at home? Here are some fun things to try with your kids at home! Click Here
- Check out some live animal camps at the Maryland Zoo. Click Here
YWCA Hanover – Postponed and Rescheduled Events and Programs
Continue watch this website or follow us on Facebook @ywcahanover for future updates and new programming.
- Steppin’ Up 2020 Luncheon and Silent Auction – Postponed – Rescheduled Date TBA
- April Women of Hanover Network Event – Rescheduled for September 17, 2020
- Centennial Reception – Postponed to Fall 2020
- Qmmunity A Safe Space Program – Postponed Date to be Announced
- Upstanders Youth Council– Postponed Date to be Announced
For more information on these programs check the Programs and Events Page