YWCA Hanover has provided quality child care programs, regulated by the PA Dept. of Human Services and qualified as a STARS 4 Center for over 40 years. In response to the unprecedented situation created by COVID-19, YWCA Hanover has adapted our Family Centered School Age Child Care offerings to support families during these uncertain times. In addition to our standard offering of Before and After Care we have two new programs designed to meet the needs of parents with K-6 students 1.) A blended school building/virtual situation for students attending school in person a few days a week plus learning virtually at home, and/or 2.) for students choosing virtual learning from home five days a week. Both of these options will continue to offer the high-quality programming and student/family support while implementing and maintaining the safety standards established by the CDC to keep our students, teachers, and families safe.
YWCA Hanover’s School Age Learning Academy ( SALA) child care will include:
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack prepared by our full time cook.
- Our Community room used for social distancing per age group for:
- Nutritious meals in a cafeteria
- Providing a Large space for daily online learning with schools.
- Large gymnasium used solely for childcare recreation
- Dedicated, age specific rooms (3) for students in grades, K-1, 2-4, & 5-6 used year round for school age childcare
- Financial assistance provided by one of the following for those who qualify:
- CCIS/State Assistance
- YWCA Financial Assistance
All programs include a before and after care option, as our childcare is open from 6 am to 6 pm. This gives parents the flexibility to drop their students off on their way to work and pick them up on their way home. For information on Before/After Care, or our new Blended and All Day offerings please check out our website www.ywcahanover.org or call 717-637-2125 for more information.
Spaces are filling quickly. Please register now: